Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. Allow Admins to Edit Profile PayloadIdentifier Values

With admins having to move profiles to MDM in 10.16, it would be great to be able to edit the Simple created PayloadIdentifier for these profiles to match existing values.

A warning dialog box to explain the issues this may create would be sufficient (and welcome) to help admins know the risks with editing the value.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Profile installation dependent on macOS Versions

Allow certain profiles to only be deployed to certain versions of macOS.
    I would like to be able to deploy certain profiles ONLY if the current macOS version is 10.16 or above. The MDM spec reports the OS version so using this as criteria for profile deployment would be a big enhancement going forward.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Last reported IP of a device in Network.

Possibility of showing last reported IP of a device in management console under Network which would help confirm that devices out in the field are matching the DHCP reservation assignments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Classes and Accounts from Apple School Manager

Massive market potential in the K-12 space if support for pulling over classes/users from Apple School Manager was implemented. Your competitors (Airwatch, etc.) do this quite well. We deploy 100's of iPads to classrooms and really like the ability for each cart to have 20 iPads with the user accounts for those classrooms synced from ASM. This would be a game-changer and a feature that is non-existent right now. There is a growing market in the K-12 space looking for this, make it happen!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send administrators notification via email on new enrollment

Please provide a feature to send e-mail notifications to SimpleMDM Administrators on new device enrollments (and/or other things that pop up in the notifications inbox within SimpleMDM).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add ability to upload video under the media catalog

Currently the media catalog only allows epub and pdf documents. It would be great to have the ability to upload videos directy to the iPad media catalog. Our use cases are for how to setup things that the iPad is specifically used for. We have other methods but this would be quite helpful so that users do not have to rely on a network connection if they are without one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Default Apps iOS 14

iOS allows default changes for mail and browser, could these be set via device profile?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make macOS DEP-installed Administrator more configurable

First priority: the administrator account should be optional. I install my admin account via a signed package, and go out of my way to disable the simplemdm-created account.

If that's not possible, at least allow me to set the UID of the user to something <500 so it's more invisible to users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Should support ALL features from Apple Profile Manager

SimpleMDM should support ALL features and settings from Apple Profile Manager.

If it did, it would be possible to move from something Apple only delivers as a kind of "proof of concept" to a system that seems to more pointed towards the future. At the moment SimpleMDM lacks too many profile settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. preset passcodes

I would like to be able to preset a passcode and/ or change the passcode on a device.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search option in DEP Info of Automated Enrollment group for device list

Can we get a search field like we have in the Devices list but in the Devices > Enrollments > [enrollment name] > DEP Info > DEP Devices? Right now it is a static list and can only show 20, 50, 1000, or all devices. With over 2000 devices in the list it would be handy to be able to search by Serial Number to determine if the machine is in the list or not. Selecting the “all” option takes a fair amount of time to list all the devices when all I want to know is if the machine…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Deploy config files to iphone apps for OpenVPN

For OpenVPN I need to download 3-4 config files to the app on Ipads or Iphone. For now it's only possible to deploy the files throug apple configurator 2 once the device is managed. I'd like to be able to send the config files from simple mdm per user. In the case of OpenVPN that would allow to configure a vpn remotely with out needing to deal with custom profiles that don't work properly most of the time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Duplicate Key Values for Managed App Configurations

Our application, Redzone and Redzone Admin, allows for App Configurations with the following keys:
    - serverURL (string)
    - serverDescription (string)

There are many customers who have access to multiple server's and therefore would benefit from the ability to push multiple server's to their devices. In most MDM's, we provide our customers with an XML file they can import that makes use of an array to pass multiple sites at once.

SimpleMDM doesn't allow the upload of an PLIST/XML file to achieve this functionality, nor does it allow for duplicate key values and therefore our customers with multiple servers are unable…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Office 365 as an account provider

In Device>Accounts>Add account Google is an option. It would be fantastic if Office 365 was an option as well. I'd love a streamlined way to deploy Office 365 credentials to apps such as Outlook, Excel, and Word at the same time, especially on iOS where users may not be familiar with app passwords.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show digits and letters in different colors when revealing passwords

When revealing passwords (such as Firmware Password), display numbers and letters in different colors. With the current font it's, for example, really hard to separate lower case L from the number one. Attaching a screenshot on how 1Password does this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. create a viewable command queue

I need to be able to see a pending command queue, especially for offline devices. For example, let's say I have a lost/stolen iPad. The device was online yesterday, so I enable lost mode on that device. Since it's not currently online, that command is queued in the background until it's online again, but there is no indication whatsoever that the command is queued up.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IMEI search

Hi. will be able to also use IMEI number when i search for a unit in the tool.

Br

Rachid

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Logging API - Expected Namespaces

Document the expected namespaces for the Logging API. This would allow for better planning / implementation of log ingestion / grok’ing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for search params via dep_servers/$id/dep_devices

Similar to /devices/ allow searching for dep devices by "attributes": {"serial_number"}, or "relationships": {"device": {"data": { "type": "id" {$id}}}}.

Or possibly add a relationship on the device record to its DEP device entry.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Asset management/Security (email addition)

When enrolling a user into the platform, it would be nice to capture the email account that they used to gain the enrollment link and add to the device information. This allows the Admin an easier time finding the device when a user is added or removed. Another big improvement would be for security, If a device is lost or stolen sometimes having to find "John smith'"s device can be hard and time-consuming when he named it "bobby's world mac" or "this is my mac". By simply having another way to identify the device i.e john.smith@yourdomain.com would make it much…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base