Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. Add Serial Number to Device View Columns

On the main Devices View, include the serial number as a column. Or have the ability for Users to add fields to this table to customize the view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a report to see device movements from users. Also see devices removed by and the related information

We need a report to see device movements from users. Also see devices removed by and the related information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notification if device battery level drops below a specified percentage

It would be extremely useful if a device dropping below a minimum specified battery level would trigger a notification to the administrator via email. This is a weak point with remotely located devices that are left on and accessible for long periods at a time. Even the genuine high wattage Apple chargers can require a power cycle after being left on for long periods, to avoid the device battery discharging faster than it is maintained.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow exceptions to Apps that are restricted due to age restricted profiles

allow exceptions to Apps that are still useful but are restricted to the profile settings.
    if your profile settings have age restricted Apps set at 14+, have an exception box to allow Apps that have a 17+ to still function on device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customise Enterprise WiFi trust

In Apple Configurator 2, there is an option to customise the “Trust” of a Wi-Fi configuration. This allows connecting to an enterprise network (in my case TTLS+PAP) without getting the “Untrusted Certificate” pop-up on iOS.
    It would be great to be able to set these fields in the SimpleMDM UI too!
    (I actually spent a few days searching why I was getting this pop-up on iOS, and not on macOS; turns out on macOS having the certificate installed in the keychain seems to be enough, but not on macOS…)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. list of devices

create automatic lists devices.
    Devices are automatic assigned depending of some features like memory,, IOS version or specific version of an App installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make SSO enforceable.

If SSO is enabled on an instance it would be nice to disallow logins using application passwords (maybe admins or owners excluded).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wandera Integration

We deploy Wandera using SimpleMDM to manage data use, but the integration on the Wandera side is weak. We can pass simple things during Wandera enrollment (device name, device ID, etc...) but that's about it. Is there a chance we could do more to bring these two tools together? Display Wandera stats in SimpleMDM or pull SimpleMDM information into Wandera post enrollment?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add profile payload type "Directory"

We need the ability to enrol macs into AD. This is done via the Directory payload, but I can't find a profile for it in Simple MDM. Before this is present, we can't switch to Simple MDM and is stuck with Apples Profile Manager.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the same information about MacBook that I see on the "Overview" tab of the "About This Mac".

At the moment there is only
    - Serial Number
    - OS Version
    - Storage Capacity.

I would like to have also:
    - MacBook (Size, year, version)
    - Processor
    - Memory
    - Graphics

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow app updates to be (manually) pushed to multiple devices at once

From the Apps->Catalog->Installs screen, add a "Push update" option to the Action menu, letting me push the most recent app binary to multiple devices at once.

At the moment, I have to go via Devices -> Devices -> Apps and update devices one at a time.

My use case is pushing an RC version of the app to c 3-4 manager devices, and then pushing the same/approved version to many more client devices. All at once. (Without having to generate a spurious additional build version and using auto-update during the update binary process).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prestage Enrollment with DEP

Please add the ability to set custom attributes for DEP Devices which have not yet enrolled with SimpleMDM.

This would enable us to set some user attributes (email addresses, user names etc.) before handing the device to the user. Right now we are not able to preset a Google account profile for a user for a full zero touch deployment.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Password attribute

It would be super, it it was possible to create a attribute such as Password (with hidden entry), so that it is not necessary to separately VPN accounts for all users, but that it would be enough to do it once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Activity feed / History which show changes made in the portal

Hey Simple,

When our admins make changes, these aren't recorded anywhere. This means that when a mistake is made, we don't have a log of what change was made in order to revert this.

It would be awesome if there was an activity feed or a history which showed any changes made by an admin in the portal.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preserve selected tabs and page state on reload

There are many pages in SimpleMDM that have multiple tabs such as App detail, Device detail, etc.

I frequently reload these pages to see updated inventory for apps installed, or updated device information. When I reload the page, it always goes back to the first tab and resets everything, so I have to click back to where I was.

Could at least the selected tab and maybe even page state be preserved on reload?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to "uncheck all" options in a Restrictions Profile

It's might make creating a new restrictions profile more efficient if I could "uncheck all" Restrictions checkboxes, or "uncheck all" on a per section basis of the Restrictions profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Low licence warning

We're using pre-paid licences (rather than pay as you go with a credit card) and have hit the hard limit of seats a couple of times. Which breaks new enrolments in unpleasant ways.

Could some kind of mechanism to auto-alert admins (or a web hook? Or and API we can call?) be added when the free seats drop below a user defined threshold so we can start the process of ordering more licences?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. group messaging to select or all devices

The ability to push out alerts or messages to individual, grouped or all devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include device vs. user profile and attribute support for custom configuration profiles in API

Include the status of the "For macOS devices, deploy as a device profile instead of a user profile" and "Enable attribute support" checkboxes for custom configuration profiles in the API. The ability to check the current status (i.e., whether these are true or false), set/change them, and set them when uploading custom config profiles through the API would be useful.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More detailed permissions in SimpleMDM

"Allow configuration changes" is too general. We would like to restrict changes on group settings and only allow our colleagues to change the group of a device, but not the settings of the group.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base