Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. Add custom UID option to macOS account creation on enrollment

The option to skip Setup Assistant's prompt to create a user and create an admin provided account on enrollment is useful.

I'd like to see, if possible, the option to specify the UID of the account that gets created. We have environment specific needs for a specific UID for the account that isn't 501.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IKEv2 VPN support

It doesn't look like IKEv2 connection type is supported in the UI. This would be useful with attribute support so that we can add accounts per device and have the username and password assigned in the profile.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unique DEP local admin password (per device)

It would be great if the password of the local administrator account created during the DEP enrolment was unique to that device.

The password could be shown in the device information together with the EFI password and FileVault recovery key.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Admin App for device tracking on Map

I would like an admin app that allows me to login in and see everything similar to the web browser but at least let me have a map that shows where all the assets are at any given moment

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add directory services integration (LDAP/Active Directory)

For enterprise, integration with directory services is essential. I need to be able to target machines and devices for actions and reporting based on an assigned active directory user and/or the user's groups.

This should include enrollment, targeting for policies, targeting for package deployment, etc.

I see there might be some initial work being done in the Configs -> Providers menu, but as is, it is not enough to configure LDAP.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. stop resetting the number of visible devices to 20 when moving back to the devices screen.

when moving between menu items, the devices list overview is always reset back to 20, please keep the setting as per last view of the user

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add an "auto-join" feature to wifi profiles

I've noticed that configurator (and other MDMs) have an "auto-join" option that can be set when you create a wifi profile. I think this might help solve an issue we're having where we can't force devices onto a specific network. I'm hoping that judicious use of "auto-join" will allow us to select the correct network for a device via SimpleMDM

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support self-enrollment using directory service credentials

Provide for directory service (AD et al) user authentication information to be used for self-enrollment of devices. The authenticated user information should also be written to the device record so we know that user is tied to the enrolled device.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dynamic DEP Group

It would be really useful if I could have devices coming in via DEP be placed into different groups based on device type or other variables. For example, iPhones might go into a Staff Phones group to have passcodes required, iPad Minis go into a Digital Signage group with app lock, and full-size iPads into a visitor sign-in device group.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option to flag device as stolen - alternate default group and email alerted when a specific SN enrolls

In a scenario when a device is stolen we can flag it as stolen in the SimpleMDM interface and have email alerts be sent to the SimpleMDM Admin's when that SN registers with the service. Additionally, it would be handy to have a separate default group for devices flagged as stolen so if the OS is reinstalled and the device re-enrolls it doesn't end up in the company's default group.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Documents

Apple Configurator 2 when adding documents it picks up what apps are installed and you are able to add documents to that particular app.

In my case, we are using Filemaker Go and we have manuals to go into the app. Having the ability to upload manuals straight to said app via the MDM would be AMAZING!!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could make a version in Spanish.

Could make a version in Spanish.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notification for devices that have not reported location recently

Sometimes our devices don't report location for extended periods of time, often because the user disabled location tracking for the SimpleMDM app. Typically we learn of this only when we go into device details for an individual device and notice that the map says "updated about 2 months ago," or something similar. It would be nice if there was (a) an email notification to administrators if a device has been turned on and checking in with MDM, but hasn't reported its location in x days, and/or (b) a way to report all devices that, again, are on and talking to…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop WIFI Sharing

As of iOS 11 you can now share your network settings. This poses a problem for devices that aren't company owned. Users can now share the password with other Apple devices that are close by. We would like to prevent MDM devices from sharing passwords with any other device.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Optionally Allow Webhooks to Pass Auth Headers

Optionally allow webhooks to be configured to pass authorization headers, API Keys, as to add an additional layer of security verify authenticity of API calls from SimpleMDM to external services.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ability to distribute Apple TV apps

Would like the ability to control Apple TV apps

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hide Apps in the Catalog (and in the assignment drop downs as well)

I would like to see a feature that would allow me to "Hide" VPP Apps in the catalog, and thereby also hide them in the drop downs when assigning them.

The dilemma that I’m running into is that some apps vendors have issued completely new apps under the same name to replace an old one: For example, GoToMeeting and Sharefile both have “Old” and “New” apps in the system. I would like to hide the old ones in the catalog and the in the dropdowns so that I don’t accidentally assign them.

There are also apps that vendors no longer…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SimpleMDM granularity

Hi SimpleMDM Dev Team:

Thank you for allowing this space to share creative thought in the ongoing development of SimpleMDM. May some of my ideas have already been discussed, maybe not-- regardless I trust this will be taken into consideration.

Since the slow death of Apple's Profile Manager has left very little control to us in IT as Admins and Engineers, it would be nice to see SimpleMDM pick up the slack and not just fill in the gap but lead with the innovation of a few things in the macOS platform so that many of us can continue to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quick Look App Version Installation

Have a section on the portal which shows each app and version and how many devices are on each.

This would be useful to see how many devices have downloaded the new version of an app.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Messaging device via API

Please add an API-call for sending a push notification to a device.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base