Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optionally Allow Webhooks to Pass Auth Headers

Optionally allow webhooks to be configured to pass authorization headers, API Keys, as to add an additional layer of security verify authenticity of API calls from SimpleMDM to external services.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote Screen Share Help

View device screen remotely to have field workers solve issues. (no screen control, just view) So we can talk them through and try solve the problem they may be having.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Management App

I would like to see an iPhone app that I could use to manage all my devices when I am not in front of my computer or iPad.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SimpleMDM granularity

Hi SimpleMDM Dev Team:

Thank you for allowing this space to share creative thought in the ongoing development of SimpleMDM. May some of my ideas have already been discussed, maybe not-- regardless I trust this will be taken into consideration.

Since the slow death of Apple's Profile Manager has left very little control to us in IT as Admins and Engineers, it would be nice to see SimpleMDM pick up the slack and not just fill in the gap but lead with the innovation of a few things in the macOS platform so that many of us can continue to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lookup exact model

Based on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201300 you could show the exact model names.

This would be useful to see the age of our Macs and distinguish between 13 and 15 inch models.

Today this information is only available in the export.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Location for macOS

Similar to how you push an app for iOS location, it would be nice to have a headless macOS app that did the same thing. Or perhaps a menu item of some sort.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create a viewable command queue

I need to be able to see a pending command queue, especially for offline devices. For example, let's say I have a lost/stolen iPad. The device was online yesterday, so I enable lost mode on that device. Since it's not currently online, that command is queued in the background until it's online again, but there is no indication whatsoever that the command is queued up.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support the SCEP payload

We noticed the MDM payload for SCEP is not supported. it would be a great addition. Especially interesting is Dynamic-Microsoft CA mode, so that the payload would be working with OTP on each request to PKI.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Okta Device Trust integration

Okta have nice "Device trust" setting do you guys think it will be possible to cooperate with them and make this happen?

https://help.okta.com/en/prod/Content/Topics/Mobile/OktaDeviceTrustJamfmacOS_Devices.htm

It is easy for iOS/Windows but they need some API access to verify device in MDM.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. API endpoint to request an updated location

We would like to use the API to do automatic location audits, however the location is often not as up to date as we would like. An API endpoint that mirrors the "update" button on the device map would be very helpful!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement VPN On-Demand per Apple's specificaitons

VPN On-Demand, can allow for automatic VPN connections when specific apps are launched.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable iOS power button

Allow the iPhone power button to be disabled so that the device can't be powered down if lost or stolen.
    I'm aware that for now, this functionality is only available in jailbroken devices running Cydia tweaks, but it would be an awesome enhancement to have in the future.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow app updates to be (manually) pushed to multiple devices at once

From the Apps->Catalog->Installs screen, add a "Push update" option to the Action menu, letting me push the most recent app binary to multiple devices at once.

At the moment, I have to go via Devices -> Devices -> Apps and update devices one at a time.

My use case is pushing an RC version of the app to c 3-4 manager devices, and then pushing the same/approved version to many more client devices. All at once. (Without having to generate a spurious additional build version and using auto-update during the update binary process).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Webclips to be named differently than the profile name

Webclips have to share the name of the profile, our company has a specific naming convention for profiles and sometimes our webclips need to be named differently.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Review your web portal to make it mobile responsive

It would be great to make your web site responsive when it is displayed on a mobile device.

I daily use my iPhone with Safari to remotely restart some iPads that are lock in security stands. The web admin portal is not responsive, so I have to scroll the web site to view all info and sometimes the text is overlaying.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. import a CSV containing device information for enrollment

We would like to see the ability to upload a CSV exported from our previous mobile device manager to send mass text messages with a group enrollment link.
    Use Case: We currently have about 400 devices in the field that need to be remotely enrolled.
    This is low priority, we will use the QR code to enroll all of the devices just fine. This is just an improvement suggestion for the future.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate Munkireport or Sal

Please integrate Munkireport, Sal, or some type of reporting and smart group criteria functionality. It would be lovely to have hosted reporting built into SimpleMDM. Munkireport is the most obvious choice due to the sheer amount of great modules available. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create Report For Installed Applications

Report on all installed applications across all devices. If users are in a group that allows applications to be installed, include the installed/detected applications on this report.

So, per application, number of installations, or a detail report per application that shows where it is installed (on which devices).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support Adding .pkg and .dmg without signing

One of the nice things about Meraki’s SM is the way in which it handles the install of Apps vs SimpleMDM namely:
    - You dont need to sign a .pkg
    - You can upload a file or specify a URL as the source of the installer (.pkg or .dmg)

Having to sign the .pkg is kinda annoying.

Merkai docs: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/AppsandSoftware/InstallingSoftwareonWindowsandMacDevices

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base