Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. allow for disabling notifications in iOS and controlling privacy System Services in MDM

I know Apple has some limitations on this but it would be good to be able to disable notifications on the screen from SimpleMDM. Also the ability to control the Privacy > System Services screen options thru a boolean on and off config like those available in a custom app configuration. Since this is an iOS control I am not sure if there is a string that can be added to allow for this under privacy controls or not. Thanks for your consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manually assign AirPrint Profiles without using groups

The only way to deploy AirPrint Profiles is via group memberships but in order to limit each iPad to only see the printer it should print to I would have to create a group for every single printer. This would mean several dozen groups at least.

It would be great if we can just go into a device's information and select which AirPrint profiles it should receive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Assign devices to Group based on LDAP attribute at enrollment stage

Since you support authenticating DEP enrollment via LDAP it would be nice to then place a device in the appropriate group based on some LDAP attribute of the user's account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow wallpaper to be set per user/device as well as per group

Hi,

Could you possibly allow us to set the phone wallpaper per device, overriding the default wallpapers set in the group the device belongs to?

We are looking at customising the wallpapers with ID related information (per user), but currently we'd have to setup a device group for EVERY device one-by-one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Review your web portal to make it mobile responsive

It would be great to make your web site responsive when it is displayed on a mobile device.

I daily use my iPhone with Safari to remotely restart some iPads that are lock in security stands. The web admin portal is not responsive, so I have to scroll the web site to view all info and sometimes the text is overlaying.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Allow device actions" permission should allow setting per-device settings

(or create a new permission for it)

Right now the set of permissions does not work for our use case, which I believe should be quite common:

1) One set of people (our engineers) creates the various configs, profiles, groups, and define custom attributes. These guys need access to the "Configs", "Apps" and "Devices" sections. On "Devices", they are mostly interested in creating Groups.

2) A separate set of people (IT support staff) deals with actually deploying the devices. These people need only access to the "Devices" tabs. But they needs access not only to the "Device actions", but also…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Return the "Marketing/Human Readable" name for a Mac via the API

At the moment SimpleMDM can return a model name and a product name via the API.

However, the product names aren't unique - Apple occasionally reuse them... would it be possible for SimpleMDM to return the "Human Readable" name as well i.e. "MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)" rather than just MacBookPro13,2

We'd like to use SimpleMDM to populate our asset management system via the API - and would prefer to use the Human Readable name

There are examples of how to do this here: http://scriptingosx.com/2017/11/get-the-marketing-name-for-a-mac/ and here https://github.com/MagerValp/MacModelShelf

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. User based app distribution via VPP without device enrolment.

Currently Simple MDM allows for user based app distribution when they have a device enrolled into the MDM, however, there are circumstances where an entity may not wish to manage an end users device, such as a BYOD program in a K-12 institute.

In these circumstances, it would be great to have a mechanism by which one could import users and their email, or use an API call, to send out invites to participate in receiving Apple ID based managed distribution apps via VPP.

For example, we would import users from a CSV (Name,Email); or use an API call with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Configuration Profile Auditing

I would like to see a single view to show a non-technical auditor that a list of devices have a config profile installed (for example, a passcode policy or any policy). Ideally, I would assign the technical auditor rights to login and just see what’s installed on what devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Setup a role option to only have access to view/rotate FV PRK

We have techs that need to access the FV PRK for troubleshooting purposes and also rotate the key if they view/use it. The current Role options are too broad and give access to other features that the techs shouldn't have access to.

I'd like to see a user Role option to allow _only_ the rotation of a FV PRK and not the the rest of `Push assigned apps and updates. Wipe, lock, remove passcode, locate, and message devices. Enable and disable lost mode for devices.` Checking the box for that Role option gives me the rotation option but I don't…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop WIFI Sharing

As of iOS 11 you can now share your network settings. This poses a problem for devices that aren't company owned. Users can now share the password with other Apple devices that are close by. We would like to prevent MDM devices from sharing passwords with any other device.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add column for updates on Devices screen

It would be good to see if a device has an update from the Devices Screen, rather than just when you go in to the device settings. This would be useful for non-DEP devices that are unable to have the auto update function enabled due to them not being enrolled in DEP.

Would be goot to be able to push the update from that screen also.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Force user's device to enroll when an Office 365 email account is added

Force user's device to enroll when an Office 365 email account is added. I see in my 365 portal that Microsoft is supporting external MDM providers already Airwatch, Mobileiron.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. refresh multiple devices or groups

i would like to be able to select multiple of all devices and refresh their inventory instead of one by one

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the ability to disable Wi-Fi Assist

Please add the ability to disable wi-fi assist under Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Assist.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VPN - Always on

Require to route all traffic via my own network while users are off wifi - best way i can do this just now is via Always on VPN.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "comment" field to the Kernel Extension policy page

It would be awesome to have a comment field so we could note which app or developer each team ID or bundle ID is for.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adjustable time for Two Factor Authencation

Allow adjustable time for Two Factor Authentication - the default should require the pin to be required at each log in. The current setting is several days between prompts. Alternately this should at least be configurable to per logon, 1 hour, or 1 day etc as this is a security risk two factor authentication is support to mitigate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base