Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. geofencing

allow me to disable the camera based on location

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Will. We’re not planning to add geo-based rules at this point but I’ll leave this suggestion up to see if it rallies more support.

2. Setup wireless to allow for open networks

Within the wireless settings, put in an option to allow for connecting to open networks. Would be good for public wireless connections that may need to go thru an acceptance screen or a proxy filter to allow connection. Currently it is only feasible thru a profile manager .config file custom attribute import. Would be nice to have this directly available in wireless security options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customise Enterprise WiFi trust

In Apple Configurator 2, there is an option to customise the “Trust” of a Wi-Fi configuration. This allows connecting to an enterprise network (in my case TTLS+PAP) without getting the “Untrusted Certificate” pop-up on iOS.
    It would be great to be able to set these fields in the SimpleMDM UI too!
    (I actually spent a few days searching why I was getting this pop-up on iOS, and not on macOS; turns out on macOS having the certificate installed in the keychain seems to be enough, but not on macOS…)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Classes and Accounts from Apple School Manager

Massive market potential in the K-12 space if support for pulling over classes/users from Apple School Manager was implemented. Your competitors (Airwatch, etc.) do this quite well. We deploy 100's of iPads to classrooms and really like the ability for each cart to have 20 iPads with the user accounts for those classrooms synced from ASM. This would be a game-changer and a feature that is non-existent right now. There is a growing market in the K-12 space looking for this, make it happen!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make profile removal password protected without enrolling with DEP

This was previously declined in 2018, here: https://suggestions.simplemdm.com/forums/204404-suggestions/suggestions/34296127-make-profile-removal-password-protected-without-en

I suspect the answer was wrong then, but it is definitely wrong now, in December 2019, for macOS 10.15.2.

I created a one-time enrollment, downloaded the mobileconfig, stripped the signature, added a RemovalPassword via Configurator (v2.11), and installed the profile. My device then connected to SimpleMDM and downloaded the rest of the config. This is presented in the 10.15.2 Profiles Pane UI as a set of distinct profiles (1 per profile configured in SimpleMDM). None of those "mini profiles" are removable but the top level one is. When removing it, it requires…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Setup a role option to only have access to view/rotate FV PRK

We have techs that need to access the FV PRK for troubleshooting purposes and also rotate the key if they view/use it. The current Role options are too broad and give access to other features that the techs shouldn't have access to.

I'd like to see a user Role option to allow only the rotation of a FV PRK and not the the rest of Push assigned apps and updates. Wipe, lock, remove passcode, locate, and message devices. Enable and disable lost mode for devices. Checking the box for that Role option gives me the rotation option but I don't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. An interactive help

For each of the supervise and other feature, popover, ? button that can describe what each function will actually do.

Some are pretty obvious, some like Allow account modification.. what exactly will be block ??

Maybe it's because I speak french and option may seem different ?!?!

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add API endpoint for setting default custom profile value

Currently, the API only allows to set a custom profile value for a device, not a default value globally.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Supervised feature: disable mode features

Add the option to disable more in the settings remotely in supervised mode.

Like location, background process (for DeviceLink apps to work properly!) ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Home screen layout creator filter on VPP list

Home screen layout ability to filter through app's via text search rather then visual scroll through all VPP apps

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Update Time

It would be helpful to be able to pick a time of day that apps can auto deploy ideally late afternoon to early evening.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Persistent settings (group) on re-enroll of device

We'd love to see devices automatically re-assign previous settings when the device is re-enrolled. Currently, if a device is in SimpleMDM and gets erased/wiped locally, the device will re-enroll and be placed in the "Default" group, most settings are lost (Except Device Name).

It would be useful if a device that gets re-enrolled would automatically appear in the group it was previously in rather than the default group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Asset management/Security (email addition)

When enrolling a user into the platform, it would be nice to capture the email account that they used to gain the enrollment link and add to the device information. This allows the Admin an easier time finding the device when a user is added or removed. Another big improvement would be for security, If a device is lost or stolen sometimes having to find "John smith'"s device can be hard and time-consuming when he named it "bobby's world mac" or "this is my mac". By simply having another way to identify the device i.e john.smith@yourdomain.com would make it much…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable iOS 13 low data mode

Make iOS 13 low data mode / data saver configurable for cellular connection when roaming and for wifi networks configured via MDM.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210596

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. more visuals and more data control

ability to see what on the phone is using data and how much. Also the ability to see what the browsing history is on the phones. Ability to look at phone as if you had the phone in your hand and be able to change things thru this program and then see it change visually. Make the iPhone more visual thru mdm.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Admin lockout of map path tracking

It's really cool from an admin perspective that you keep a history of a device's location. From a user perspective, that's really creepy, and we do not want that functionality.

Best outcome would be to not store this data at all. However, even if the information is still stored somewhere in a database, can we please have the option to turn off the display of location history on a map?

This is a critical security concern.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. API to revoke vpp licenses

In SimpleMDM you can revoke vpp licenses. It would be great if this is possible via SimpleMDM API.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SHow a list of locked devices

Show a list of locked devices or show more status on the main screen.
    Group, model, status, last seen only on device screen. More data can be shown on the general devices screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a historic log of tracking information?

Would be great if you could search for historic tracking information?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow the remote change of ipad unlock credentials

I want to be able to change the lock code of either a single idevice or a groups screen lock credentials

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories