Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. Screen/Device Lock in Bulk Group

Ability to Lock the Device with message in Bulk via Groups

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add tooltip on serialnumber link in logs for device name

A tooltip showing the device name would be helpful when reviewing logs to determine the device without having to click forward

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Expose md5 and/or Other Checksum(s) of Enterprise Apps in Catalogue

Once an app binary has been uploaded and deployed to devices via MDM it can be hard to find which particular build is actually deployed to the world.

If you may happen to have binaries that share the same BundleID, CFBundleVersion, and CFBundleVersionShortString there is no way to tell which app is actually uploaded. If we could see an md5 checksum or sha1 or sha256 it wold be a nice and easy way to know with confidence which binary was uploaded.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. App installation dependencies for macOS

We have some installation dependencies for applications that we're deploying to macOS, but it doesn't appear possible to specify dependencies for Apps & Media within SimpleMDM. Because of that, we're unable to control the order that those packages are installed in. It would be nice to have the ability to mark certain app install bundles as dependent upon others.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Introduce a 'Force Check In' button

Add a button to force all devices to check in. If a device cannot check in after this, then flag it.
    This will help identify issues with the installed profile or check in issues.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Retain Device Group Scope

When working with a device group, if I take an action on a device or group of devices, the page reloads and resets my view back to "All Device Groups." It would be MUCH more useful if taking an action kept me at the current device group view instead of resetting to the default.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow rules and restrictions to pertain only to devices logged in to our network

We only want to manage or restrict BYOD devices when they are at our school, not at student homes.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deploy config files to iphone apps for OpenVPN

For OpenVPN I need to download 3-4 config files to the app on Ipads or Iphone. For now it's only possible to deploy the files throug apple configurator 2 once the device is managed. I'd like to be able to send the config files from simple mdm per user. In the case of OpenVPN that would allow to configure a vpn remotely with out needing to deal with custom profiles that don't work properly most of the time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. maintain lost mode when a device is re-enrolled

I've noticed that when a user re-enrolls a device, the lost mode is not maintained , and we have to set lost mode again manually, would be good if this could be maintained or if lost mode could be set automatically on a specific device group (e.g. for lost or stolen devices)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Attributes - Drop-down list with options

We are using few Custom Attributes that can have only some options (like kiosk app). Having drop-down list with options will be really nice.

Then it will allow us to set possible Attributes and help desk will just choice from drop-down list.

Thanks David

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it possible to "uncheck all" options in a Restrictions Profile

It's might make creating a new restrictions profile more efficient if I could "uncheck all" Restrictions checkboxes, or "uncheck all" on a per section basis of the Restrictions profile.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automanage of Added Applications

I'd like the ability to automatically "manage" new apps added to an iOS device. I should not have to "ask" the user to manage the app. If i have them on an MDM solution, then I should have the ability to manage all apps from the iTunes store from the start. Or make this an option. Maybe it already is and I've not noticed it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. find a way to automatically shutdown all devices of a given group (scheduled time, manual action from SimpleMDM website, network signal...)

For kiosk/museal applications, it is a key feature to have the devices shut down automatically every night when store/museum closes. And ideally to have them start up automatically in the morning - whereas this can be achieved by restoring the power...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add profile payload type "Directory"

We need the ability to enrol macs into AD. This is done via the Directory payload, but I can't find a profile for it in Simple MDM. Before this is present, we can't switch to Simple MDM and is stuck with Apples Profile Manager.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. let us download an uploaded IPA

We recently had a case where we suspected that one of the app binaries that we uploaded wasn't the one we intended to release. We thought to download the IPA from SimpleMDM and do a hash check against the IPA we had locally, but wasn't able to find any way to download it from the SimpleMDM website.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Employee Roster

Relatively minor request: an employee roster who you could "assign" devices to. This could be a sortable column on the device list and would prevent you from having to including the employee name in the device name or notes. The only alternative I can think of is to create a device group for each employee and assign the devices accordingly. But this would be grossly inefficient.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Require Passcode?

Under Passcode Policy, can the option be placed to require a passcode? I could not locate that option anywhere ...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Smartphone App

I would like to have an admin app or portal that allows us to view all devices on a map at one time. Currently the website does not fit and scroll very well on iPhone 7 Plus. I would like to pull up simpleMDM and see where all my company devices are at any given time but
    within the restraints of the screen size of the iPhone 7 plus.

If you cant build an iPhone app then it would be completely fine if the SimpleMDM just had a mobile version that would auto scale to fit mobile devices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remember Group and # of devices to display on the Devices screen

Remember Group selected and # of devices to display on the Devices screen. Currently every time you navigate back to Devices page, it goes back to listing all groups and only the first 20 devices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Should support ALL features from Apple Profile Manager

SimpleMDM should support ALL features and settings from Apple Profile Manager.

If it did, it would be possible to move from something Apple only delivers as a kind of "proof of concept" to a system that seems to more pointed towards the future. At the moment SimpleMDM lacks too many profile settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base