Suggestions

Have a great idea that you’d like to see added to our service? Perhaps there’s an existing feature that you’d like to have extended or modified? Share it here!

1. Schedule Single App Mode Changes Overnight

We are running iPads as Kiosks and only want to push updates to them overnight when users will not be effected, Ideally this would include all config changes but most importantly these:

- Non VPP App Updates (enterprise apps)
    - iOS updates
    - Other Configuration changes

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include device vs. user profile and attribute support for custom configuration profiles in API

Include the status of the "For macOS devices, deploy as a device profile instead of a user profile" and "Enable attribute support" checkboxes for custom configuration profiles in the API. The ability to check the current status (i.e., whether these are true or false), set/change them, and set them when uploading custom config profiles through the API would be useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Centralized Billing for Multiple Accounts

As an MSP we manage several SimpleMDM accounts. It would be very helpful to receive and pay a single bill for all of these accounts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Setup wireless to allow for open networks

Within the wireless settings, put in an option to allow for connecting to open networks. Would be good for public wireless connections that may need to go thru an acceptance screen or a proxy filter to allow connection. Currently it is only feasible thru a profile manager .config file custom attribute import. Would be nice to have this directly available in wireless security options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. True Power management

Ability to set power schedules on devices. This would be for devices set up as kiosks to cycle power based on a time frame to provide a more environmentally friendly setup while providing device longevity. A must for kiosks, considering kiosk mode is an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Table view customizable

The main table view should function like a true dashboard that has sortable and customizable options for the columns. It is too limited now and requires many clicks to drill down to see data like OS version etc. just way too much clicking to get basic info

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expose md5 and/or Other Checksum(s) of Enterprise Apps in Catalogue

Once an app binary has been uploaded and deployed to devices via MDM it can be hard to find which particular build is actually deployed to the world.

If you may happen to have binaries that share the same BundleID, CFBundleVersion, and CFBundleVersionShortString there is no way to tell which app is actually uploaded. If we could see an md5 checksum or sha1 or sha256 it wold be a nice and easy way to know with confidence which binary was uploaded.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scope API key

I'd like multiple API keys able to be generated in the UI that have scoped permissions, for example, one API key restricted to only being able to hit the device endpoint, or one API key only being able to access Users.

With this feature, it would reduce the threat of the API key being compromised as it's potential scope would be limited.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. mdm eventlog

Add a detailed EventLog in the MDM.

It would be nice to know if commands/messages were successfully sent to a device.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unique DEP local admin password (per device)

It would be great if the password of the local administrator account created during the DEP enrolment was unique to that device.

The password could be shown in the device information together with the EFI password and FileVault recovery key.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow unlimited apps in folders of "Home Screen Layout" profiles

As far as I know, iOS does not limit the number of app in one folder, but currently with SimpleMDM interface to manager home screen layout we are limited to 9 apps per folder.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add local device IP address to the device view

We're using SimpleMDM to place devices on a specific network vlan - and locking them down into Single App Mode... which makes troubleshooting tricky. It would be invaluable (to me at least) if devices could report their local wireless IP address

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add an "auto-join" feature to wifi profiles

I've noticed that configurator (and other MDMs) have an "auto-join" option that can be set when you create a wifi profile. I think this might help solve an issue we're having where we can't force devices onto a specific network. I'm hoping that judicious use of "auto-join" will allow us to select the correct network for a device via SimpleMDM

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple DEP Settings

Other MDM's provide a visual list of devices assigned to a server in the DEP portal. This gives the ability to scope the devices to different DEP settings before enrolment and therefore control which DEP settings are used and which group is used initially. This would mean you can still automatically assign devices to a single server in the DEP portal but would allow you to preload the configuration the devices pick up at enrolment time.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hide Apps in the Catalog (and in the assignment drop downs as well)

I would like to see a feature that would allow me to "Hide" VPP Apps in the catalog, and thereby also hide them in the drop downs when assigning them.

The dilemma that I’m running into is that some apps vendors have issued completely new apps under the same name to replace an old one: For example, GoToMeeting and Sharefile both have “Old” and “New” apps in the system. I would like to hide the old ones in the catalog and the in the dropdowns so that I don’t accidentally assign them.

There are also apps that vendors no longer…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable complete location history

The location history shown on the map only appears to show the last 24 hours for the device. I would like to be able to download a complete history for a time range. The system is already collecting a brief history, it seems it would only be a small mod to enable a longer history, perhaps downloadable.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. stop resetting the number of visible devices to 20 when moving back to the devices screen.

when moving between menu items, the devices list overview is always reset back to 20, please keep the setting as per last view of the user

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SimpleMDM granularity

Hi SimpleMDM Dev Team:

Thank you for allowing this space to share creative thought in the ongoing development of SimpleMDM. May some of my ideas have already been discussed, maybe not-- regardless I trust this will be taken into consideration.

Since the slow death of Apple's Profile Manager has left very little control to us in IT as Admins and Engineers, it would be nice to see SimpleMDM pick up the slack and not just fill in the gap but lead with the innovation of a few things in the macOS platform so that many of us can continue to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Push scripts and or terminal commands to macOS clients

I need to be able to push scripts and terminal commands to my macOS clients from my MDM solution.

If this was in place, it would open up a lot of possibilities for tighter integration with a package distribution system like Munki.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. app version device distribution

See adoption of a specific app version.

We publish continuously new versions of our mdm distributed enterprise app. Often, however, users decline to update to a certain version because e.g. they're in the middle of using the app. We know how to send another updated cycle out to the devices, but sometimes it would be helpful to see which devices have a specific version. Right now we have to manually go into each device, then to the apps section to see what's going on. Quite annoying for 30 devices and the numbers of our devices will increase in the future.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base